Privacy Commitment Statement & Policy
At SPRINGFIELD FUNERAL HOME LTD. We know how important your privacy is to you. As funeral home operators, we have a professional and legal obligation to keep confidential all personal information we receive
from you. Our relationship with you is founded on trust and we are committed to maintaining that trust.
your privacy and maintaining the trust you have placed in us.
What this policy covers:
The following covers our treatment of the personal information we collect from you.
The personal information we collect is used to:
- Identify the purchasers and beneficiaries of prepaid and at-need arrangements.
- Provide our services.
- Comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Provide aftercare services following burial, cremation or entombment.
- Conduct follow-up and business analysis via an industry leading consulting firm.
How personal information is used:
- We do not sell, barter, trade or give away the personal information you have provided to us.
- We will only share your information with third parties if we are required to do so by law, or you
have either expressly authorized us to do so or, if it is required for the provision to you of a service
or product supplied by another business or organization as part of our services to you.
- We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information:
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you and you may ask that the information be corrected or updated. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking to access personal information before complying with any access request.
- If we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we have about you, we’ll be happy to share our reasons for denying you access.
Please contact Springfield if you would like to:
- Ask a question about our collection and use of personal information
- Access your personal information
- Withdraw a consent previously provided
- Make a complaint
Contact Details: Springfield Funeral Home Ltd., 2020 Springfield Road, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 5V8
Attention: Privacy Officer Email: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact: The Information and Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Gov’t, Victoria, BC, V8W 9A4 Phone: 250.387.5629 or Fax: 250.387.1696
Your privacy is important to us. It is Springfield Funeral Home Ltd (2017)’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://springfieldfuneralhome.com, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 22 May 2018.